Welcome to the first post in our new Pose of the Month series!
First up is our beautiful resting pose, Child’s Pose!
- Option 1: Knees together, sit bones down towards heels, arms out long beside legs, forehead to mat
- Option 2: Knees out wide, big toes touching, sit bones down towards heels, arms out long in front, forehead to mat
Option 1: Knees together, arms out long beside legs. Let shoulders fall forward. Option 2: Knees out wide, arms out in front. Feel stretch through arms and shoulders. Shoulders down away from ears.
- Resting pose
- Releases neck, shoulders, arms, upper back, lower back
- Stretches hips, thighs, ankles
- Calms the mind (gently rock the head left and right for a third-eye (forehead) massage)
WATCH: IN SEQUENCE