One of my favourite snacks, especially in summer time, is greek yoghurt with fresh fruit. Also perfect as a light meal for those days when you just don’t have much of an appetite…
I had this for breakfast on a particularly warm morning.
Ingredients (adjust quantities to your own taste):
- 2 or 3 tablespoons greek yoghurt (I used Chobani plain non-fat greek yoghurt)
- 1 small frozen banana
- 1 small handful blueberries
- 1 tablespoon toasted fruit muesli
- A sprinkle of goji berries to garnish
- Add your own favourite fruit! I love using frozen fruit, especially when buying fresh isn’t an option.
- Be careful of adding too much fruit, though, as fructose is still a sugar!
- Adding muesli increases fibre content, and makes this a satiating snack!
- Substitute greek yoghurt for coconut yoghurt or other dairy-free options.
Nutrient Break Down:
- 2 serves of dairy
- 2 serves of fruit
- 1 serve of grains
- Full of calcium, protein, potassium, vitamin C, vitamin A and fibre