Whoever says that salads are boring simply isn’t doing it right… (Confession: I used to be one of those people!) This salad ticks all the boxes with crunchy textures, satiating grains and high fibre seeds!
- 1 bunch kale, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 – 1 small Kent pumpkin, chopped into large chunks
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Parsley flakes
- 1 cup walnuts, roasted
- 1/4 cup quinoa, boiled
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- Add kale to lined baking tray. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle chopped garlic cloves over the top. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes or until slightly crispy. (Note: kale burns very easily, so be sure to check regularly!)
- In separate baking tray, add pumpkin chunks, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle parsley flakes over the top. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- In separate pot, cook quinoa according to packet instructions (typically boiled in approximately 1 cup water).
- Once kale, pumpkin and quinoa are cooked, mix together in salad bowl. Stir in walnuts and sprinkle hemp seeds to serve.
This salad is high in protein, vitamin A, vitamin C, omega-3, omega-6 and dietary fibre, and can be served on the side or as its own meal. To make it a main dish, simply add an extra source of protein like tuna, chicken breast or tofu!
很多人不喜歡吃沙拉是因為覺得好像吃草一樣，坦白說我以前也是! 但其實如果配搭得好，沙拉也可以很好吃的！譬如這個烤南瓜核桃沙拉，不僅營養價值高 (含有蛋白質、維生素A、維生素C、奧米加3、奧米加6、纖維素等等)，還很有口感和飽肚感，不妨試試!