This peanut butter and chocolate (PB&C) banana bread combines the classic peanut butter and banana combo (PB&B) with some decadent marbled chocolate. I’m not usually a big fan of banana bread, but give me bananas with peanut butter… now, that’s a different story.
- 3 – 4 ripe bananas (depending on size), mashed
- 1.5 cups self raising flour
- 1 egg
- 3/4 – 1 cup rice milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- (Optional: 1 extra banana for decoration)
- Combine the mashed bananas, self raising flour, egg, milk and vanilla essence in a mixing bowl.
- Transfer mixture to a lined baking tray.
- Stir in peanut butter and melted chocolate to create a marble effect, leaving some chocolate for decoration.
- Drizzle the remaining melted chocolate on top. (Optional: add another sliced banana on top for decoration.)
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Allow to cool and set before serving.