Refreshing smoothie bowls are one of my favourite breakfast/brunch foods. Super easy to make and one of the best ways to incorporate your daily serves of greens! This Green Monster is one of my go-to recipes. How beautiful are the different emerald shades?!
What you’ll need (makes 1 serve):
- 1 cup kale leaves, washed
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup frozen blackberries
- 2 heaped teaspoons wheatgrass powder
- 1 heaped teaspoon spirulina powder
- 250mL calcium-fortified soy milk (or alternatives)
- 2 tablespoons muesli
- Fresh fruits (I used starfruit)
- Mix the kale, frozen berries, wheatgrass powder, spirulina powder and soy milk in the blender and blend until smooth (should be a relatively thick, frozen consistency).
- Pour blended smoothie into bowl, top with muesli and fresh fruits.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Substitute the soy milk for regular low fat milk, other fortified milks or apple juice.
- Get creative and top up with your favourite seasonal fruits!
- Makes up 2 serves vegetables, 2 serves fruit, 1 serve dairy and 1 serve grains
- Packed full of antioxidants, magnesium, iron, folate, potassium, fibre, calcium, vitamins A, C and K