It’s definitely been a while since my last food post… But some things never change (like my cooking skills), so we’re still keeping it simple with this banana, cinnamon, nut & seed loaf.
Using Rachel from The Naked Truth Australia’s version as a base, I modified according to taste and the ingredients I had at home. Coincidentally, we didn’t have normal flour but actually had almond meal, so this version is also gluten free!
- 3 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbs rice bran oil (or whatever oil you have)
- 2 – 3 tbs honey
- 1 cup almond meal or plain flour
- 1 tbs bicarb soda
- 2-3 tbs ground cinnamon
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- 1 tbs pumpkin seeds
- 2/3 cup lightly chopped walnuts
- Add 2 and 1/2 of the banana and all other wet ingredients into a blender or food processor and mix
- In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir through
- Pour mixture into lined dish and decorate with remaining banana and some whole walnuts
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 20-30min or until cooked through
- Cool, serve and enjoy 😋
We served ours with some yoghurt and chocolate ice cream for dessert 😋
This banana loaf is:
- Gluten free
- Source of fibre and polyunsaturated fats
- Suitable as breakfast (toasted or served with peanut butter) or dessert (ice cream)!