You know a recipe is good when your family demolishes it in one sitting… The perfect dessert on a chilly winter’s night – this Apple & Chia Crumble only has 6 ingredients and is the perfect healthy alternative to a traditional apple crumble!
- 6 small apples, diced
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sultanas
- Add the diced apples, brown sugar, cinnamon + 100mL water to a pan and simmer until soft
- Remove apples from heat and place into a baking dish
- In a separate bowl, mix the rolled oats, chia seeds and sultanas together, then sprinkle over apples
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown
- Serve with yoghurt or ice cream and enjoy!
This recipe is:
- High in fibre
- Low in saturated fat
- Lower in sugar